Friday, May 05, 2006

Camote Ka!

“CAMOTE KA!”, my gramps used to bark at 10-year-old me every time I got caught dodging chores. A pretty odd expression, I know, but I often found myself at the receiving end of these words, especially when he catches me perched on my dad’s couch, staring at our four-legged black and white TV, and immersing myself in the world of Bert and Ernie, Voltes V and Superfriends all day long.

A lot has changed since then. My lolo has passed on, my color TV’s a double amputee just like everyone else’s, and the Wonder Twins’ powers have long been deactivated.

But one thing remains: I am still, and will always be, a couch potato, or in my case, a Couch Camote. Shows like Lost, 24, Smallville, Alias, Desperate Housewives, Pinoy Big Brother, American Idol, make sure that this camote’s butt will always be buried deep within my couch’s not-so-fertile soil.

You can expect Couch Camote to post info on just about anything related to the above shows. However, music, films, books, videogames or anything that compels us to keep our couches warm for a long period of time are also fair game as far as this blog is concerned. Even stories about our favorite actors and actresses, as well as celebrities we’d love to slug will also see the light of day here.

Welcome to the world of the Couch Camote.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, nice blog!

I consider myself a couch potato also!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we were once couch camote's during our high school days way back hehe! - Your best friend

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home